- Harry and Pepper (both males) were together since 2003
- Apparently, Harry wooed Pepper because he was an introvert
- The couple was given an egg, which they successfully raised
- Next door neighbor, Linda, widowed in Summer of 2009
- Harry (what a jerk) took an interest, dumped Pepper
- Pepper came to visit and the new couple attacked him
- Harry is diagnosed with aspergillosis, a serious respiratory infection in late December 2009
The way they were
When I first read about Harry leaving Pepper it broke a piece of my heart which I give to Pepper. Poor Pepper. They (literally) built a nest together, raised a child and lead 6 wonderful years as a couple. Harry left him for the scarlet penguin Linda. There is no escaping bad break ups in the animal kingdom.
I wish Harry a healthy recovery soon.
I'm crossing my fingers and visiting the zoo in Spring of 2010 (mating season) hoping Pepper finds a man worthy of him.
In the words of Ricky Lake and Jerry Springer's audience, "You need a HERO not a ZERO!"
A Youtube clip of Harry and David narrated by Harrison Edell, curator of birds from the San Francisco Zoo. Anyone else notice how
hot*ahem, hem* I mean handsome Edell is?
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
When Harry met.....Linda???
Obviously, I've been living under a rock, or in Harry's case inside a penguin's rock. I just read an article about a penguin's love triangle in San Francisco Zoo that stole a piece of my heart. I almost wanted to pepper (pun intend) emoticons all over this blog post to express my emotions (but I won't.) Here's the breakdown in a nutshell:
Chrysanthemum by Bonnibella is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.bonnibella.com